MERCHANDISE PREP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. You must tag all items using our online tagging and barcoding system. To access the tagging site, login to your JBF Profile and click the "Enter Tags" link in the green taskbar. There is a video tutorial on that site to get you started!
2. To be fair to all, only one person may tag under the same consignor number.
3. If you want to donate your unsold items to our charity at the end of the sale, choose the donate option when tagging. You will receive a tax receipt enclosed with your check. Any items not picked up during consignor pick up will also be donated.
*Your Generosity Rewarded: The items donated to charity are a huge blessing! To encourage more donations, we will be waiving the $12 consignor fee for those consignors who will reduce and donate ALL items they bring to the sale. All tags in the system will need to be reduced and marked "donate" to have the fee waived and added back into your check.
4. Consignors are responsible to know you are not bringing recalled items to the sale. Check out our safety page for more details on the most common recalls. We do have a recall specialist at the sale for backup, but do your best BEFORE you come.
5. You set your own price on all items. Price to sell!
Generally items sell for 1/4-1/3 of the original price, depending on name brand and condition. Better brand names, unique items, or high price items usually bring more. Ask yourself "What would I pay for this item? Please use $.50 price increments only (i.e.; $5.00 or $5.50 rather than $5.99). An average price for shirts is $3-$6 and an average price for shorts/pants is $3-$8.You set your own price on all items. Our best advice is to price your items 1/2 to 1/4 of the original retail price, and do allow them to reduce during the sale. Click here for general JBF pricing guidelines.
6. If you decide to NOT let your item go for half price, it will print a red star on the tag. This tells the customer that the item will remain Full Price throughout the sale. Please be selective on the items that you star, since items with no stars tend to sell better on the discount days. If you are donating your items at the end of the sale anyways, please do not choose for your item to remain full price as this gives you the best chance of selling it.
7. Safety pins: Please use 1" or larger safety pins: no straight pins or small gold ones.
Tip! Buy the large 2" size and save your fingers- you'll need big ones to pin on the pants.
Tip! At our New consignor workshops we sell bags of 200 Large safety pins for $4 and tagging gun kits for $20.
8. Tag Location: Attach tag with a safety pin to the upper right pocket area of the shirt or upper right front of pants. Punch a hole at the top of the tag to make it easier to slide the safety pin through. *If you use a tagging gun please insert the gun in the items tag/label or directly inside a seam NOT through part of the clothing (to avoid making a hole or tear in the clothing). We will NOT accept clothing with holes from tagging barbs. Pull on the tag to make sure it is properly secured and will not come off easily.
9. Hangers: Please use ONLY plastic hangers. Sorry, you will not get your hangers back as it is faster to sell all the items on hangers. Wire hangers poke through our bags easily at checkout and they also tangle easily during our sorting process at the end, that is why we require plastic only. Please use child size hangers for infant-size 6 and adult size for sizes 7 and up. Remember to safety pin garments to the top part of the hanger if it seems loose so the garment will not slide off, or it won't sell!
10. Sizes: We accept clothing in Preemie through Teen sizes, no adult clothing except maternity. Remember to bring only your BEST and check carefully for any stains, rips, holes etc.
11. Clothing Hanging Instructions:
12. Tagging Guns: Many consignors prefer to use a tagging gun to tag their clothing as it saves time and your fingetips from so many extra pins! We offer a tagging gun kit for sale through our ebay store that includes a tagging gun, 1000 barbs, 1 extra needle, 25 sheets of cardstock and an instruction sheet. Purchase the kit HERE.
IMPORTANT! When using a tagging gun, tag ONLY in the seam of the clothing or through the clothing size tag (NOT in the upper right corner of garment as otherwise instructed), so you don't put a hole in the clothes. To ensure tags stay put, some consignors put a small piece of scotch tape over the tag/barg area. Be sure to follow this tagging gun guideline as we will not accept clothes that have a hole caused by the tagging gun.
13. Sort your items: Please have your clothes sorted by size and gender when you bring them. This will make drop off easier and faster for you.
14. Tagging toys and baby equipment with multiple items:
15. Furniture: We accept all kinds of children's and juvenile furniture including stationary sided cribs, toddler beds, twin headboards, dressers, changing tables, toy boxes, rocking chairs, etc. We take Crib/toddler mattresses but not not twin. To keep our reputation of 'only the best', JBF asks that you be very selective about the quality of furniture you bring. All furniture must be intact and sturdy, be current style/color and be child appropriate. If you have questions about a furniture item, email us a picture! BRING FURNITURE TAGS UNATTACHED TO DROPOFF and we will staple tag to a Yellow Claim Ticket during inspection and attach that ticket to the item with a zip tie.
16. Loose Items: Items such as blankets, bibs, cloth diapers, bottles, small toys, bows, socks, etc. must be in clear Ziploc bags with the tag attached to the outside of the bag.
17. MATERNITY ITEMS: Maternity items must be current style and in excellent condition. Please do not bring out-dated maternity clothes as they will not sell.
18. Shoes: Please be aware of our goal....to be the BEST in the consignment business. We accept new and like new shoes and are very picky on their condition. We have a shoe inspector who only inspects shoes for us so we are consistent throughout the sale on what we take.
Spring Summer Sale we take:
Girls: white and off white dress shoes, like new sandals & flip flops, tennis shoes, crocs, puddle boots, dance & tap shoes, soccer cleats. (No patent or black/brown dress shoes in summer)
Boys: Brown or black dress shoes, tennis shoes, crocs, like new sandals/flip flops, puddle boots.
Fall/Winter Sale we take:
Girls: Brown/black/patent dress shoes, tennis shoes, crocs, slippers, winter boots, dance/tap shoes
Boys: Brown or black dress shoes, tennis shoes, crocs, winter boots, sports cleats.
19. TOYS: Toys must be clean and in working order. Please check them before you come! We will check all toys at inspection and ask you to turn them on for us.
20. Large toys and outdoor equipment: Large toys and outdoor play equipment must be clean, free of dirt and or water. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well on these items! Must include ALL pieces. Name brands sell well. Must be assembled at the sale. BRING TAGS UNATTACHED TO DROPOFF and we will staple tag to a Yellow Claim Ticket during inspection and attach that ticket to the item.
21. Infant Equipment: Infant equipment includes: Car seats, strollers, high chairs, swings, exersaucers, bouncy seats, boppies, play gyms, pack and plays, bassinets and MORE!
22. Breast Pumps: Sorry, We NO LONGER take Breast Pumps at our sales.
Print a handy Merchandise prep Tip Sheet
Coon Rapids Consignor Info- Spring14
JBF Pricing Guidelines
Still have Merchandise prep questions? Email us
It’s amazing what you can clean with a Magic Eraser! Works on shoes, toys, dirty easels, outdoor toys and so much more!
Crocs can go in the dishwasher to get sparkling clean!
Hate to iron? Downy Wrinkle Releaser will be your new best friend! Spritz it on, shake the garment and Voila!
Lots of parts & pieces? Use a ziploc bag and attach together with curling ribbon or a zip tie!
Found a spot? Keep a Tide stain pen handy!
Consignors are responsibility to make sure they are not bringing recalled items to the sale. See SAFETY PAGE for more info.
We do have a Recall Specialist at the sale to help ensure only safe items are being sold, so consider her your safety "back up."